UPDATE (JUNE 23) – Our building has reopened for scheduled weekday gatherings of up to 50 people. Before you join us please do a self-check using this checklist and have a clean mask that can cover your nose and mouth. We require that you use a mask, sanitize your hands, and practice social distancing on all parts of the church property. We look forward to resuming in-person worship on August 9. Feel free to read on regarding other details of our reopening plans. Thank you!
Layer 3 Reopening Details
Layer 3 – Gatherings up to 50 people in connected buildings.
This intent of this layer allows us to do scheduled small groups for adults only, managed small group missional activity, and supervised small group Scout activity.
- No more than 50 people in the connected buildings at one time.
- No more than 30 people in the Scout lodge.
- Outdoor gatherings are not limited by number as long as the building are closed.
- Scheduled funerals, weddings, or worship recording can be done at this level as long as the number of people in the connected buildings is less than 50 and social distancing is adhered to.
- Playgrounds will remain closed.
- No children’s ministry or nursery activities.
Social Distancing Protocol:
- People should remain 6 feet apart at all times on all parts of the property.
- Masks should be worn at all times. We will have a supply of masks but members are encouraged to bring their own from home.
- Hand sanitizing or hand washing is required upon entering the building. And more frequently as needed.
Group Scheduling and Protocol:
- Groups can schedule a meeting time with Christine Lewis by calling the front office on Tuesday or Thursday from 10:00 – 12:30 or they can leave a message at other times.
- Existing church small groups will be assigned a scheduling order by lottery.
- Rooms can only be scheduled once per day. If possible each floor should schedule usage once per day.
- Rooms will be set up with chairs six feet apart and with no tables.
- Each group leader should get RSVPs from their group members to ensure the number of people in the building does not exceed 50. After the meeting the group leader will turn in a dated list of participants present to the front desk.
- If a member who has been in the building tests positive for COVID, we ask that they notify a pastor or their group leader. Confidentiality will be protected. The group leader will then notify the group members present at the last meeting that they may have been exposed and should self quarantine. That group will not meet again in the building for a two week period.
Signs and Cleaning:
- Signs will be placed at the entrance, bathrooms, and on each floor asking guests to hand wash or hand sanitize and to wear a mask at all times.
- Signs will be placed in meeting rooms to remind members to stay 6 feet apart and wear masks.
- Normal cleaning will take place each night. Rooms that have been occupied during that day will have their surfaces cleaned with the hospital grade disinfectant.
This layer will be evaluated every two weeks with the hopes that the threshold of people will increase each week and some protocols can be amended/relaxed.
COVID-19 Factsheet – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/2019-ncov-factsheet.pdf