Dates: July 9 – 16, 2018
Who: 9th-12th grade students
Where: Guatemala City and Rio Dulce villages (approx. 6 hours away from the city)
What: We will be working alongside Pastor David Alvarez and his church Centro Cristiano Cultural de Guatemala (cccguatemala.com). CCCG is a current mission partner with whom we have developed a longstanding relationship. They are currently doing work in Guatemala City, Monte Rico and the villages of Rio Dulce. The programs provide educational tutorials, vacation Bible camp, entertainment, and spiritual growth development to 1700 kids, as well as providing 200 nutritional breakfast meals every morning from Monday to Friday.
- This includes the flight, all of the housing and food while there. $575 goes to room and board and part goes to reimburse Peachtree City United Methodist for group airline tickets that have been purchased. The only exception will be those students who can use Delta miles to purchase their airfare. These flight confirmations will be due on January 8 to ensure we are all on the same flight. Please check with Heather Allen prior to purchasing with your miles to ensure you have correct Delta flight numbers.
- No buddy passes are allowed for this trip. The flights typically fill up to capacity.
- January 8th the application and non-refundable $100 deposit along with all forms.
- June 4th UMVIM insurance fill out out online – this will come to you through email.
- July 8th Packing Party (required) and Final Payment Due ($1,311). The packing “party” is required for all students attending. We will have a final parent meeting, pack our team supplies and ensure we have ourselves prepared for the trip.
- Personal relationship with Jesus – we cannot share what we do not have
- Current 9th-12th grade student
- Able to meet financial requirements
- Regular attendance in Small Groups, Sunday morning worship and 608
- Can commit to participate in the Team Gatherings (5 including the packing party)
Make sure to join our text group to get updates and reminders: Text 608guat to 81010
Application Packet: Application, $100 deposit, a copy of your passport, and all enclosed forms are due by Sunday, January 8th. Please seal these items in an envelope and return them to Marci Foster.