There are 2 opportunities for you to help serve with our mission partners in Liberia:Join the Liberia Ministry Team:
Join the Liberia Ministry Team
This team makes strategic decisions regarding our ministry efforts in Liberia, West Africa. We are entering an exciting phase of our work as we seek to reunify children from a Methodist orphanage home (the Bishop Judith Craig Children’s Village) back to their families. We are following God’s lead as we walk alongside impoverished families to identify and address root causes of poverty and family separation. It is a joy to be part of a team of partners working to empower families to know the dignity of supporting and caring for their own children.
- Team typically meets 6 times per year to pray for the children and families we serve and to make decisions about how to allocate ministry funds and other support.
- This team organizes our annual Liberia Heart 2 Heart campaign geared to involving more PTCUMC congregants as child/family sponsors.
- This team organizes other SERVE opportunities such as short-term mission trips, medical supply collections, etc.
Become a Liberia Heart to Heart Sponsor
Sponsors connect with a child from the Bishop Judith Craig Children’s Village in Liberia, West Africa through prayer and letter writing. As we reunify the children from the orphanage home to their families, PTCUMC sponsors will stay engaged with the family offering encouragement through letters and prayers.
- A financial commitment of $40 per month or $480 annually provides:
- School fees for children living in the orphanage or returning to family
- Monthly Birthday celebrations
- Savings and Loan and Empowerment Programs for those who have aged out of orphanage care or for families receiving their children back home